Happy Mother’s Day everyone!
I’m trying to get back into doing Sparkle Sundays, and I’ve decided to make some edits on how I’m doing them. Please let me know what you think!On the blog:
- This week I finally (FINALLY) finished the process of moving my site from WordPress.com to a new hosting site. This allows me to have a lot more creative power when designing layouts, and gives me the ability to have my blog grow! It was quite the process, but I could not be more happy with how it ended up looking!
On PA school:
- I’m currently finishing week 1 of my two week break between didactic and clinical year! I honestly am still in quite a bit of shock that I’ve made it through an entire year of PA school. It feels like just yesterday I was going to orientation week. I’m officially 1/2 of the way to being finished with PA school. I’m also so excited because they say the worst day of clinical year is still a thousand times better than the worst day of didactic year.
- My first clinical rotation is my elective, which I chose to do in Dermatology! I wanted to start out with something primary care based, and since the skin is the largest organ, I thought it would be good knowledge to have for the rest of my rotations. I’m also very interested in going into Derm once I graduate based on my own experiences as a patient, so I really hope I enjoy the provider role.
What I’m reading:
- My week has composed of nothing other than relaxing and reading books – and it has been SO AMAZING. I’m currently devouring the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. I had started reading the series forever ago, but only made it through 2 books so when I was looking for reading material for break, it seemed like a good choice to start over and catch up. It’s similarish to Game of Throne (but a little less HBO mature) and easier to read (yeah, I’ve read all of GoT as well and these books are a pain to get through). I’m actually genuinely disappointed I finished the last book currently out today, and I’ll need to find something good for next week.
In the blogging world:
- There are a TON of newer pre-PA influencers out there! love seeing all of this growth in social media, since being a PA is truly a wonderful career choice, and having a presence on social media raises awareness. Here are just a few: the PA Life, Palindrome PA, and PA Fanatic. As well as a bunch of YouTubers/Instagramsers: @thebeautiful_pa_life, @jamienicole_pa.s, @freshprinceofhealthcare, and @lorae.the.pa
Things I’m thankful for:
- What better person to be thankful for on Mother’s Day than my mom! I seriously would not be where I am in life without her – she is my rock, my sounding board, my cheerleader. I definitely would not have made it through this first year of PA school without her help and guidance. So as a thank you, my brothers and I all chipped in to buy her new Tory Burch Minnie flats in tan and gold – which she loved!
Motivational quote of the week:
Do it now. Sometimes “later” becomes “never”
I should (hopefully) have more time to write blogs now that clinical year is starting, so be on the lookout! I’m also planning on diving a little more into ways of being healthy and looking great. Send me an email if there is something specific you want me to blog about, or if you have a specific question!
Feel free to subscribe to the blog to get updates on my posts, which include Pre-PA advice, tips for making it through school, and fun lifestyle posts. Or you can follow my social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) for a better look into the daily life of a PA student.