As I get closer to my career as a PA, I realize more and more how important it is that I ask for presents that I’m going to get prolonged use out of and that will help me as a professional.
Not to mention, I continue to be shocked by how expensive grad school is, and how poor I am. Here is some of the things I asked my family (as well as other things I would LOVE to have) to help me look and feel the part of professional.
- Tieks. I officially have an obsession with these shoes and I can 100% admit it. They’re so incredibly comfortable and they work really well for long days of being on your feet. Plus, they’re very durable. Full review here
- Classic Black Bag. Its so important to have a classic, clean-line bag big enough to hold your iPad/Laptop and the rest of your life. Sticking to clean lines instead of a “baggy” or unstructed purse makes you look classier and like you have more money. Kate Spade bags like this one are my favorite. If this is too expensive stick to the same kind of look. Don’t like black? Pick a fun, neutral color. I have a plum bag that I am OBSESSED with. It looks great with everything.
- Simple Watch. This is both a great accessory piece and very functional. There’s a bunch of new options out by Fossil that are smart watches, but I still like the plain old fashion kind. I also tend to lean towards Kate Spade for this as well. My current obsession is this guy, because he has both gold and silver so I can wear him with all of my jewelry.
- Fitbit. I personally do not like the idea of an Apple Watch-I have a phone for a reason and I do not need a phone on my wrist. At the same time, I love my Fitbit. It tracks my steps, lets me read text messages on my phone or alerts me to who is calling, and reminds me to be active. I have the Atla and it lets me change up the bands to match what I am wearing/is thin enough I can forget I am wearing something.
- Little Black Dress. I have a really nice black shift dress from J. Crew that looks amazing both as a work dress and as a party dress depending on what kind of shoes I’m wearing. Here’s one similar.
- Simple Diamond Studs. I got a pair when I graduated from UF with my Bachelor’s and they are the most worn piece of jeweler (other than my Claddagh Ring). They don’t need to be super huge to look amazing and sparkle.
- Naked 3 Palate. I like this one the best because it’s more neutral colors. Putting on simple eye shadow, mascara, and a lipstick is all you need to look great for the day, and it’s easy to do.
- Nice Lipstick. My FAVORITE piece of makeup, and probably the only thing I consistently put on on a daily basis. Burt’s Bees has some great fat lipsticks that are creamy, durable, and great colors. Kylie Jenner lip kits also last me all day without my needing to reapply.
- Polarized Sunglasses. It is SO important to protect your eyes. Most people forget about this, but protecting them are the best way to prevent aging and wrinkling around the eyes, which makes you look older. I’m obsessed with this pair.
- Kuerig. If you’re in school, you know that caffeine is the most wonderful gift from above. I’m allergic to coffee, but my brothers both use their Kuerigs like they’re going out of style.
- Candles. I just like candles and find them relaxing
- Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Bath Wash. Same as above. I don’t know how well they actually work, but the idea that they’re “relaxing” or “energy” makes me mentally feel that way. Probably a placebo effect.
- Gift cards. Of course the easiest of all presents because then you can buy what you want.
If you guys have any other great ideas for gifts please let me know! And happy holidays!